Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Pocket Protector, Not Just a Fashion Statement

 


Wow! It is snowing today! Never have I seen snow fall in late March! I hope everyone had a great week last week. A lot seemed to happen here at the MTC this week. Either that or the fact that I listed one highlight of everyday made it seem like my week was more exciting.

Last Tuesday night we had a Devotional talk and I feel bad because I was really tired and couldn't focus very much. Then towards the end of the talk an Elder from my district, Elder Call, sneezed. He tried to cover his sneeze but ended up sneezing in my face and mouth! :P It happened so fast my instant reaction was to spit and wipe my mouth on my coat because it was so nasty. In doing so people in the front row as well as people on the stand looked back at Elder Call and I. I felt really bad for making a scene but I felt worse for the Hermana I spit all over. Everyone around us was busting up but I didn't find it that funny. That night I ended up getting two new companions, Elder hunter and Elder Pope. I won't really explain much about them because we will be having companion changes AGAIN! Yesterday Elder Kirkham received his visa and will be leaving for Spain tomorrow. Is sad to loose another member of our district. We all really like him but I know he is going where he is supposed to be.

This Wednesday new Elders arrived and you see them walking around with their orange dot on their name tag (aka a dork dot) to indicate that they are new. I thought it would be funny to stick my orange dot on the back of my nametag so it looked like I was new. I walked up to a new group of Elders and asked them where they got their nametags engraved. It was the funniest thing to see their faces. One group caught on pretty fast. :)

Thursday was a sad day for me because my cousin Kyle left for the Brazil MTC. We have become good friends here and I was sad to see a familiar face leave. I know he is going to be great down in Brazil and bring people the joy and happiness of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. My day got even better when my pen leaked ink everywhere! Fortunately for me... IT WAS IN MY POCKET PROTECTOR! Yes, pocket protectors do work! I swear by mine now. I may look ridiculous but it saved a shirt and that's all that is important to me! :)

Friday and Sunday were pretty uneventful. I just study, study, study, and continue to become the best missionary I can be. Monday was a really great day. I feel that all my hard work is paying off. I feel like I am becoming a better missionary and I know how true and powerful this gospel is. Even when I role-play with Elders in my district we can feel the spirit. You just have to actively seek to teach with the spirit and it will be present. I received quite a few letters Monday. Thank you so much for all the great messages, stamps, bookmark, inspirational quotes, devotional transcripts, etc. You all know who you are, so thank you. It made my Monday more special.

Since I'm in a trio I ended up using the blankets on the top bed and making a fort to sleep in. Our room has a light right outside the window so it is bright even at night. I always loved making forts when I was younger and this just brings me back to those days. :)

I love you all and just want you to know I know this is the true church of Jesus Christ. If you want to know for yourself read Moroni 10:3-5 in the Book of Mormon and sincerely pray to know that it is true. I promise you that if you do read and sincerely pray, Heavenly Father will confirm it to you. I promise you all that this is true or I would not be out here doing what I'm doing. I love you all and hope that things are going well in your lives. Just remember Heavenly Father is only a prayer away. God is love. Vaya con Dios.

Love,
Elder Bennion

1 comment:

  1. Just to let you know, I was Elder Bennion's teacher in the MTC and he was a great elder, full of life and joy and spunk. I'm grateful he gave me the website so I can read along to how he's doing--you should be very proud of your son :)

    ReplyDelete