Monday, May 9, 2011

Asombro Me Da

Asombro Me Da

Asombro me da el amor que me da Jesus. Confuso estoy pro su gracia y por Su luz, y tiemblo alver que por me El Su vida dio; por mi, tan indigno, Su sangre l derramo. Cuan a sombroso es que por a marme asi muriera El por mi. Cuan asombroso es lo que dio por mi.

Que onda familia, amigos, y amigas? I hope your weekend was great and your Mother's Day was fantastic. I just want to share a scripture in Alma 56:47-48 and it says, talking about the army of Helaman, "Now they had never fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their father than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them. And they rehearsed unto me the words of their mothers, saying: we do not doubt our mothers knew it." I just want you to know mama how thankful I am for all you have taught me. You were the one whose example I always followed growing up. Words cannot describe how thankful I am for the mother God gave me. One Mother's Day down... one more to go. You have taught me and helped me be the person I am today and for that I can never thank you enough. I love you to the moon and back!

As far as my week has been, it has been great! It's funny to me how I though I was busy in the MTC. Now, I really know what busy is. Even on P-days when you would think you could get a break you don't and infact I have less time to prepare in the field than I did in the MTC. That is just the life of a missionary though and I wouldn't trade for anything! If you obey the schedule to a "T" you really have not time to do anything but work. We get home at 9:30 most nights and then always fill in the area book, plan, and make calls for the following day. By that time you are so exhausted you crawl to your bed, thank Heavenly Father for the great day, and fall asleep. Finding time to write in my journal is rough. Finding time for language study is even harder. With all the struggles though I love it. It keeps you focused and you remember 24/7 why you are doing this. It is to serve your fellow man and to serve God. I'M LIVIN' THE DREAM! :)
The investigators we are teaching are doing really well. We have two investigators who should be baptized this coming Saturday! I CANNOT WAIT for that day! Pablo is 10 and just is the greatest little boy. His mom Erika is amazing as well. She has had a rough life but her testimony is rock solid. She and I were crying together the first time I met her when she bore her testimony to me. What is so cool too is that Pablo's dad, Marshal, has the aronic priesthood so he will be able to baptize his son. This family has just made so many good choices to get their life on the right track in the gospel. I couldn't be more proud of them! The second baptism is for Edgardo. Edgardo is a sheep herder from Peru. Edgardo is such a nice and humble man. His wife and child live in Peru but he is here in the U.S. to make a living for his family. He reads the Book of Mormon with out us asking him and his knowledge of the Book of Mormon being true is so cool to see. It is so rewarding to see two different individuals desires to follow our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ into the waters of baptism. This area has only seen two baptisms total in the past 14 months since it has been opened and now we will have two more! I have such a strong testimony of the Lord preparing people for baptism when the time is right. Missionaries need to be obedient, diligent, and prayerful in order to find at what at times can seem like a needle in a hay stack. These are the Lord's children and we as missionaries and members of this church have the responsibility to bring them back unto the fold.

Overall, life here in Ephraim is good. My expectations of baptisms might have been a little bit high coming into this area but it has been a major blessing. It has taught me more humility and it has taught me to be grateful for each and every person who wants to hear the gospel.

In Isaiah 61:1-3 it says, "The spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the broken-hearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound. To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn; To appoint unto them that morn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be glorified. I have really taken this scripture to heart and really adopted it as my mission creed. I just love this work and when people really are interested my eyes light up! As I teach the gospel the more I feel the spirit touching my life and it is better than any adrenaline rush you could receive. I know Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. It feels so great to know and say that. Have a good week everyone! School is almost out! Hang in there.

God is love. Vaya con Dios.
Elder Bennion

No comments:

Post a Comment