Monday, December 10, 2012

Semana noventa y tres: Back to St. Geezy For The Last Time



Semana noventa y tres:
Back to St. Geezy For The Last Time

My family,
Well transfer time has come and only on more remaining. I'm headed down to St. George, Pineview/Washington area to be more exact. I knew I would most likely be transferred but I was really hoping to go back to St. George Spanish or just stay in Ephraim. We have 8 people preparing to be baptized in December and I was looking forward to their baptisms. I'm praying Elder H   can hold it all together and no one falls through. That worries me the most. It has been neat to see the transformation of this area over the past transfer. It has really taken off and I've become part of the fabric of these people's lives. I'm just torn about leaving. This area has become my second favorite place to serve. Pineview is a full Spanish area which will be fun. I'm excited to speak Spanish again but the area was really hard when I left last time. My new companion's name is Elder Wright, I will be follow-up training him which nothing is new. The average age of all my companions has to lower than 5 months now. I guess the Lord has a purpose for me there, even if it is only six weeks. I am looking forward to it!

This was a really good week overall! Monday night we invited Carley to be baptized on the 22nd of December and she gladly accepted. We recommitted Ivan to be baptized the 22nd and he said that was too far away! He should be getting baptized the 15th of December. We also taught R____ with Bishop Wheeler. The lesson went a lot longer than anticipated but it was a great lesson of pure Book of Mormon testimony. The spirit was very strong during the lesson. Now R_____ just has to pray to know that it is true. If anyone has doubts in their testimony of the Book of Mormon, Elder Holland's video entitled, 'Testimony of the Book of Mormon' just brings resounding belief that it is indeed a book from God.

 Tuesday was a good day. We knocked several doors of less-active families and had the opportunity to share some good messages with them. We had a lesson with C____ and tithing seems to be the biggest thing holding him back. I said a little more about that on my voice recordings. We went back on Wednesday to share with him what President Leonard told me and he was visibly upset. IT makes me sad something like tithing will hold someone back from a complete remission of sins. Christ said, " If any man will come after me, let him adeny himself, and take up hisbcross, and cfollow me.d aFor whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will blose his life for my sake shall cfind it... For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." (Mat. 16:24-25, 6:21) And if that is not enough of a call to action this reminder in John14:15 is, "If ye alove me, bkeep my ccommandments." The thing is, The Church will keep growing without one families tithing. The Church will still build temples and meeting houses but we cannot receive all the blessings of the Lord without keeping the law of tithing. Something my mission has taught me is that tithing is NOT about the money! This church needs real growth, not baptismal statistics. The purpose of the gospel is to bring about eternal life and unite eternal families. That cannot be done without the temple and living the commandments is a prerequisite to temple attendance.

Saturday was a busy day. We went to the stake baptismal service to support a girl named Socorro from the Spanish branch. After her baptism she decided she wanted me to confirm her a member of the church and give her the gift of the Holy Ghost. I was honored to do it. Then we went to Erica's Aunt's funeral in Moroni. The woman wasn't a member but it was a great opportunity for the church to help out a family in need. She was Catholic but supposedly the Catholic church charges $150 for funerals. I had no idea funerals and baptisms cost money in the Catholic church. I got to say the closing prayer as well and as everyone left we passed out pictures of Christ with our phone number on it. Anytime is a good time for missionary work.

Well I wish I could write more but I have to pack and say goodbye. The mission just flies by! When I'm finally on my game the the mission comes to an end. I love these people here so much! I'm livin' the dream! Vaya con Dios!

Dios es amor,

Elder Bennion 

No comments:

Post a Comment