Monday, June 6, 2011

Week 15: I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go Dear Lord


I love this work! This past week Elder Brown and I really were groovin'. We always have worked well together but it seems like the past few weeks we have really figured out how to work so efficiently together. It's funny how that happens right before transfers. Last night we got the call we had been anxiously awaiting for, for the past few days. Elder Brown will be going to Snow Canyon down by St. George to be the district leader! I'm so excited for him. It was about time his leadership skills were utilized. He will be serving as a district leader down there. I do feel bad that he has been in Sanpete County for the past 8 months and now when it is going to be blazing hot he is headed down there. I will be staying here in Ephraim. My new companion's name is Elder Lopez who is from Mexico. I'm glad I will get to stay and help out with the Pageant at the Manti Temple! I have been looking forward to that for so long! 

This week Elder Brown and I recorded a commercial at the radio station in Manti for the Mormon Miracle Pageant in Spanish. It was a lot of fun! It should be playing on the Spanish stations around here and up to the West Jordan/ Draper area. Brother Barton had an interview set up for someone to talk about the Pageant to a Spanish TV station in Salt Lake City. He wanted us to do it but President Leonard said we are not able to leave the mission boundaries for something like that which is completely understandable. All this talk of cameras and radio made me think back to the good old days of acting. haha On June 18th we are having a branch BBQ at a members house in Manti. Then after the BBQ we will be going to the pageant so I'm hoping we get to watch the whole thing. I'm not sure what President Leonard has in store for us missionaries during the pageant.

This Saturday we have two baptisms scheduled. If I had to guess though, I think we will only actually have one person get baptized. One of the two men just doesn't seem ready and that is okay. It is interesting how everyone we have helped become converted is a male though. Elder Brown was telling me how a lot of missionaries just focus on women and children first because they are more accepting of the gospel. These elders get the title of being a Titanic Missionary. haha

We had dinner this week with the President of the Ephraim stake and his family, the Averett's. Since they are tearing down our house to build a stake center he has been looking for a place for us to stay. His idea is for us to live in the trailer park on the north end of town. Elder Brown though that was the greatest idea in the world. If that does happen I will be the only white person in that trailer court! Seriously though I love these people! Some of them have the craziest boarder crossing stories ever. I'm learning a lot abut the different methods of immigrating to the U.S. :D 

This week gaining a testimony has been a frequent topic throughout our lessons and it got me thinking about our testimonies as members. It has been hard for me to see so many members of the church who are inactive out here for what ever reason. Once you gain a testimony of the Book of Mormon and that Joseph Smith was a prophet you must continually nourish it. In Alma 32:38-39 it says, "But if ye neglect the tree, and take no thought for its nourishment, behold it will not get any root; and when the heat of the sun cometh and scorcheth it, because it hath no root it withers away, and ye pluck it up and cast it out. Now, this is not because the seed was not good, neither is it because the fruit thereof will not be desirable; but it is because your ground is barren, and ye will not nourish the tree, therefore ye cannot have the fruit thereof." Satan is going to constantly try to persuade us off the course of righteousness and not want us to believe we need to come to church, partake of the sacrament, and pray to our Heavenly Father. Continually seek for a better understanding of this beautiful gospel that we have been blessed with. I know this is the true gospel with all my heart. Vaya con Dios.

God is love,
Elder Bennion

No comments:

Post a Comment