Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Week 7



Voy a la cuidad de Eldorado!
Hola! Estoy terminando con una màs semana aquì en el CCM. (That's MTC in spanish) Esta semana fue bien y tengí unas buenas experiences. Este semana recibir´e mis planes de viaje y estoy muy animo por esa día!
I can't believe Vancouver got snow this past week! I hope Kodi is taking advantage of all the fresh powder up at Mt. Hood. I'm jealous I can't ski right now.
Last Tuesday I had the opportunity to be an usher for the Devotional which was really fun. I don't know what is so special about being an usher but I think I enjoyed it because it is a change from the mundane day to day activities. Things can become boring when you have the same schedule week in and week out. Again we had no GA's come and speak at Devotional. I'm really hoping for one before I leave. I got a package of cookies and it didn't have a return address or a note. I was reluctant to eat them but they turned out to be really good. I still don't know who sent them. I'm assuming the cookie fairy maybe??? :)
I got a good workout in Wednesday. I feel so lazy 90% of the time here. I am not used to sitting still for so long. I go insane from time to time and just want to run. I had the opportunity this week to be a new missionary host. It was a lot of fun to help the new missionaries and reminisce about the day I came into the MTC. Two of the Elders I helped were cool but by far my favorite Elder was Tandric Bench! Elder Bench lived in the same dorm right next to mine at BYUH. He is going to the Arcadia California mission and I'm super excited for him. I just love California. If you read this Eric, I asked him about what you told him... HAHAHA... and he said he forgives you. :)
Thursday was a dificult day for me. I felt like my language skills were not progressing, I was tired, and I was not comprehending the subjunctive tense/ noun clauses. I prayed to my Heavenly Father and he gave me little boost throughout the day. The first great thing that happened was I saw my friend Zach Reeves while I was cleaning a stair well! Seeing Zach was like seeing my brother. When you have been firends for 17 years you basicall are family. I also recieved a letter from sister Bowman. Sister Bowman arrived at the MTC the same week as me but since she is English speaking she is already in St. George. She and her companion have already had one baptism and plan on 8 more this month! I cannot begin to describe how happy I was when I read this and saw her with her investigator getting ready to be baptized. I cannot wait till I have the opportunity to bring people the happiness I have recieved from the gospel of Jesus Christ. At the end of 2Nephi 9:39 it says Spiritually Minded Is Life Eternal= S.M.I.L.E. :) That is what the gospel does for families! It makes them happy and smile. The gift of the Holy Ghost truly is the greatest gift we can ask for and the happiness I have felt here at the MTC is not something I can put into words. I'm changing.
I hope everyone has a good week. I know this time of the year is crunch time for a lot of ya'll. School is almost over and things start to get really stressful. The MTC is no different. With two weeks left here things are difficult for me. When I don't think I can take it I turn to my Heavenly Father and ask for help. As Proverbs 3:5-6 says "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." I admonish you all to do just that. Heavenly Father is amazing and I know His son, Jesus Christ lives. God is love. Vaya con Dios.
Elder Bennion

No comments:

Post a Comment