Monday, August 27, 2012

Semana 75: What A Precious Gift Life Is


Semana 75: What A Precious Gift  Life Is

Well where do I start this week? It sounds like things have been pretty difficult back home and taken some ups and downs. I guess as Rascal Flatts says, "Life is a highway, I'm gonna ride it all night long..." I suppose we just have to roll with the punches and take what the Lord gives us one day at a time. Please give Grandma Ward my love. That is good to hear she is handling things so well but death is never easy to handle. I'm so thankful for the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ and how we have such a better understanding of where we go after this life. I know Grandpa will be going to a place of rest and joy. He will most definitely be in paradise. 

Kodi's car looks great! I can't believe you got such a good deal on it! Tell him to watch” Meet the parents” and find the part where Jack Burns is talking about green cars... "Genius' pick green". :D

This week was good. The weather was really strange. For most of the week it was REALLY hot and then by Sunday we had rain. I really don't get it but I was thankful for the rain. We did a lot of tracting this week. We tracted for five hours straight almost every day this week. Don't worry though mama, I am drinking lots of water. I am curious how many miles I've walked. I would venture to say we walked between twenty and twenty-five miles this past week. My shoes are holding up really well too! I think that they will last me to the very last foot step when I step off that air plane. :P Please pray we find some new people to teach. We need some new people. 

On Tuesday and Wednesday I went on exchanges with the Sunset English elders. It has been a long time since I have been to an English area. Usually I stay in our area but because it was necessary that I went to their area. I was with an Elder from Laie so we had lot to talk about. He said I probably had walked past his house all the time going to the beach. It was neat to see how many people they are teaching. It just is such different work! We never teach children and a lot of the work here in this mission in English is working with less-active families. Elder Eggen did a great job in our area and it gave him a chance to take the lead. 

We gave a zone training on the power of prayer on Wednesday. We got the assignment from the zone leaders Tuesday night. Nothing like last minute but it turned out really well. It reminded me of HOW important it is for all of us to pray daily and pray sincerely to our Father in Heaven. Prayer moves mountains.

After all the trainings and exchanges I was ready for some work in our own area. I guess I got that because we did lots of working/ walking. Well I am almost out of time. I hope next week is good for you all! I can't believe school is starting for all the little ninos here in Utah already! The summer just flew by! I love you! Remember how precious this life is. God has blessed us with this opportunity to prove ourselves, to grow and to become more like him. After the trial of our faith comes the blessings from above that can distill upon us like dew drops from above. Vaya con Dios.

Dios es amor,

Elder Bennion

No comments:

Post a Comment