Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Week 38: It's Been Nine Months And... I'm Having A Boy!




I was going to wait and explain the title of this letter later on but I thought it sounds a little sketchy to let your imagination run wild. Yesterday we got transfer calls and President informed me that I will be training a new elder this transfer. I don't know his name or anything about him yet but I know I'm training. In the mission when you train you receive a "child" and you are their "father". I've been out nine months now so it's ironic that I'm training at nine months. haha

This week has gone really well again. Elder Hayden had an interview with President Leonard early on in the week and President was complementing Elder Hayden on the area and how we taught 82 non-member lessons and 10 less active or recent convert lessons. President was saying how that will be a mission record for a VERY long time. Fast forward one week later and we taught 98 lessons! December is looking really good as far as baptisms go. We should be having a very white Christmas as in having a lot of people dressed in white for their baptisms.

One of my favorite moments this week was getting to see William and Gloria get married. They have been taught for two years now and they just have never been able to commit to getting married. They finally got married on Wednesday and are going to be baptized in December. Elder Hayden and I were the witnesses and it just makes me so happy when I see couples get married and then get baptized. It shows a lot faith and commitment to follow Jesus Christ.

This has also been Elder Hayden's last full week in the mission. He goes home early Wednesday and Tuesday he will be doing things with President and Sister Leonard. I never could have expected to have the transfer we had. It has just been a blast serving with him and his GINORMUS EGO! I have a strong testimony that fun doesn't come from breaking rules but rather working hard and only worrying about the people you are teaching brings fun. I'm living the dream right now!!! I've learned a lot about the mission from that crazy kid.

 And I will aremember the covenant which I have made with my people; and I have covenanted with them that I would bgather them together in mine own due time, that I would give unto them again the cland of their fathers for their inheritance, which is the land of Jerusalem, which is the promised land unto them forever, saith the Father. (3Nephi20:29) The Lord gathers people in His own due time. It's been a blast seeing the Lord prepare so many people for Elder Hayden and I to teach. I'm nervous and excited for the following transfer and to see what will happen. There is a lot of responsibility training. The mission goes on though. Missionaries come in and missionaries go but the goal always remains the same. Find, teach, and baptize, bringing souls unto the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. Replace fear with faith. Vaya con Dios.

God is love,
Elder Bennion

No comments:

Post a Comment