Monday, October 17, 2011

Week 33: En La Rama Verdadera Una Otra Vez






Hey family! Well it's that time of the week again. This week just flew by. I'm just really happy to be back here in the 28th branch, also known as la rama verdadera. The branch President and the members are amazing here. On top of that Elder Hayden and I just have a blast serving together. We have only served together for a week now but I'd say he is my favorite companion so far. It's sad he will be going home at the end of the transfer. he is from Redmond Oregon but will be at Utah Valley University in the winter. I just couldn't have asked for a better companion.

This week was really exciting because we have a lot going on right now. Two Spanish branches combined this week. Now we cover basically from Dixie rock down to the Arizona boarder and the branch is so big they will probably make it a ward in the near future. We started teaching this family of 5 this week that the sisters were teaching and they are all set to be baptized! Elder Hayden and I thought the sisters were going to cry in district training meeting because they had to give us this family. Sometimes that just happens though. :) Currently we have 13 people with a baptismal date and we just found another family of 6 that has a lot of potential. Just yesterday we had a baptism for Ernesto. It was great to see him get baptized. It just seems like I'm living the dream right now. When things are good, they are really good! The area is on fire with people preparing to be baptized, I love the members of this branch, and it feels like I'm serving with one of my best friends.

Like all things, there is still some things that are hard. Spanish right now is really frustrating me. I think it's because Elder Hayden may be white but he talks like he is straight from Mexico. His accent is really good. Hispanics complement him everyday on how good he speaks the language and how it is rare for a gringo to speak Spanish like he does. I thought my Spanish was getting better, and it is, but sometimes I get frustrated that I don't sound like Elder Hayden! haha I just hope when I'm at 23 months I can be like Elder Hayden. He is my role model. :P

This week I was thumbing through the Book of Mormon and stopped in the Book of Mosiah and I read Mosiah 2:22 which says, "And behold all that he requires of you is to keep his commandments; and he has promised you that if ye would keep his commandments ye would prosper in the land; and he never doth vary from that what he hath said; therefore if ye keep his commandments he doth bless you and prosper you." I know that if we do keep the commandments and do as our Father in Heaven asks of us we are promised blessings. "I the Lord am bound when ye do what I say; but when ye do not what I say, ye have no promise." D&C 82:10 Trials make us stronger and if we endure well Heavenly Father promises us to bless us. He is bound! Make this a great week and replace fear with faith. Fear and FAITH cannot coexist in the hearts of men. Estoy viviendo el sueno real! Vaya con Dios!

God is love,
Elder Bennion

No comments:

Post a Comment