Monday, June 11, 2012

Semana 66: In The Eleventh Hour He Answers Our Prayers


Semana 66: In The Eleventh Hour He Answers Our Prayers

Howdy family! First off, BUGGGGG! All I have to say is holy cow! Two days and you will be graduated! It seems like just yesterday you were a sophomore and I was graduating. It is crazy how fast time flies and it just gets faster! It has been a great week out here in Price. Nothing too crazy but, we definitely saw the Lord's hand in this work.

The week started out a little difficult on Monday because I got a little sunburned and dehydrated. We helped the woman that cuts our hair by unloading a 50 foot semi trailer of girls dress up clothes from China. Supposedly she sells them on Amazon but the truck was packed to the roof with boxes. Afterwards, we played Frisbee and so by the evening I was wiped out but we managed to teach four good lessons.

Tuesday through Thursday was all about the same. We knocked and knocked trying to find new people to teach and invite other people we have already talked to about the gospel but it was difficult. The biggest obstacle in Price is PRIDE. Many Hispanics work in the mines and work twelve hour shifts making $26 starting out. I was reading Helaman and it reminded me of Price. Look up Helaman 12:5 if you get a chance. I love the gospel so much and want to share my joy with the world! 

It wasn't until Friday that we went out to this little farming town outside of Price called Wellington. We had heard that a former investigator was back in town from Texas. So we drove out on this old country road with a slight idea of where this woman lives and a prayer in our hearts. We got out to about where we thought she lived and we saw a little Mexican boy running in front of this trailer. We pulled over, knocked the door of the trailer on the other side of the road (they are Mexican too) and then we knocked the door. Rosario opened the door and she has this huge smile on her face. Turns out she was really prepared to be baptized before. She had her baptismal interview, her husband bought her baptismal clothing and then one day he said she couldn't be baptized and then they moved. It was amazing to see how long and hard we have searched for someone who wanted the blessing of the gospel and then one day the Lord answered our prayers. "Trust in the Lord with all thine bheart; and lean not unto thinecown dunderstanding. In all thy ways aacknowledge him, and he shall bdirect thycpaths." (Proverbs 3:5&6) I know that He directs our paths. 

As if Friday wasn't reason enough to rejoice, on Sunday we showed up to church and five minutes before the sacrament meeting this man I've never seen before walks in. Everyone was really kind to him and greeted him. I ended up walking over to him and saying hi as well and introducing myself. We got to talking and he told me he has only been here in the U.S. for three days! Long story short he has been taught by the missionaries before but before he could be baptized he had to move. I will have to tell you more about his border crossing story later but those are my favorite stories. His is incredible but story is for another time. :) 

It is amazing to see the Lord do His work. As if having one new person that has been prepared is not enough, we were blessed with two new people to teach. It is nothing short of a miracle. At times it is not until the eleventh hour that the Lord reveals His hand unto us and we are blessed from on high. It is a lesson that I've been taught time and time again from my Father in Heaven. I think Jesus said it the best that it should be the will of our Father in Heaven that shall be done, not our own. "Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God. And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father! And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!" It is important to remember there is more than one step involved in bringing souls unto Christ. I know I'm doing what the Lord has called me to do in this part of His vineyard. I know that my Redeemer lives. Vaya con Dios.

Dios es amor,

Elder Bennion

P.S. Shadowing Dr.'s Hansen and Byers was a blast! I cannot wait to see more of it after the mission. I had the chance to see two cataract surgeries and I just loved it. I feel so comfortable in the O.R. I will have to write you more about it later or... tell you more about it on Christmas when we talk again. I love you family!

He looks so happy when he is in scrubs! 







No comments:

Post a Comment