Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Semana 53: Yo Compartira Mi Testimonio Hoy, Manana, Y Para Siempre


Semana 53: Yo Compartira Mi Testimonio Hoy, Manana, Y Para Siempre

Que loca es la vida?! It was another non-action packed semana here. There were some good, bad, and ugly moments throughout the week. First off though, I have a few items of business. First please tell dad I'm not in St. George anymore. I guess Adrienne sent me a letter and it is in St. George. I just had Elder Valdez read it to me over the phone and put it with my stuff at sister Mower's. Second, please ask Kodi if he got my voice recording a few weeks ago. That turkey still hasn't written me!

The week was off to an interesting start on Tuesday. I went on exchanges with Elder Leguizamon. It was fun being companions again even if it was only for the day. The work was slow as usual. We knocked on the door of this English speaking couple that Elder Noriega likes to see if they knew where more Hispanics live. The woman is a member but her husband goes to the Church of Christ. He likes missionaries but flips if you bring up the Book of Mormon. Anyway he wanted to talk with Elder Leguizamon and we never opened the Book of Mormon, yet he was just irate after we left because he felt we were pushing the Book of Mormon on him. I just thought of the talk Safety For The Soul by Jeffrey R. Holland and how he said, "I want it absolutely clear when I stand before the judgment bar of God that I declared to the world, in the most straightforward language I could summon, that the Book of Mormon is true, that it came forth the way Joseph said it came forth and was given to bring happiness and hope to the faithful in the travail of the latter days." I just kept thinking that if every single word I ever speak is to be recorded in Heaven I want it to be clear when I too stand before the judgment bar of God. I want to stand confident with all the assurity of my being and say I bore my witness of the Savior at all times, in all things, and in all places. At times it is hard to say what I know to be true but the truth is liberating! I've been flipped off, yelled at, and had more doors slammed in my face in these three weeks than I've had in my first year of the mission BUT it is a refiner’s fire.

Wednesday we spent most of the day out in two little towns called Elmo and Cleveland. It easily can be said it was not a productive usage of time, energy, or the church's car. We were able to help the Huntington sisters and their recent convert. He was moving from Cleveland to Huntington and we had no set appointments so we did service. It was a nice change to know my service was appreciated. I had actually interviewed the man we helped move and he had the strongest testimony of the church out of anyone I've ever interviewed.

Basically to sum up the rest of the week we; tracted for hours, taught members and asked to meet their friends, went on exchanges and before Elder Weyant and I went to bed I saw a mouse in the trailer (Yeah that was a REALLY fun night), and that about sums up my week here in Carbon county. It was funny though, I met another person that lived in Snow Hall (those are the same dorms Zach lived in at BYU) and he remembered me from a year ago. I thought that was strange how I've met two people in two weeks that I met at BYU. I think his name is Preston Grant. We actually had two investigators come to church as well. Talk about a miracle. I think that about sums up my week. I've really learned this week that I can't be afraid to share my testimony no matter what. In Romans 1:16 it says, "For I am not aashamed of the bgospel of Christ: for it is the cpower of God unto dsalvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek." I'm not ashamed of this message which I share because I know it is 100% true. God is good, (root)beer is great, and people are crazy.

Vaya con Dios,

Elder Bennion


No comments:

Post a Comment