Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Week 45: Some Day We Will Know





Zipa dee doo dah zipa dee ayy my oh myyy what a wonderful day, plenty of sunshine heading my way zipa dee doo dah zipa dee ayy! Well It's another great day here in San Geezy. Things are going really well for us right now in the area and we finally got to go golfing yesterday to top it off! St. George is the place to be in January. This is MY kind of Utah. :)

As I said the area is doing really well for itself. Heavenly Father has truly done a marvelous work and wonder. I'm so grateful to have been here to be apart of so many miracles that have taken place over the almost six months I've been here. The greatest blessing that took place this past week was William and Gloria finally getting baptized. For the past two plus years missionaries have worked with William and Gloria. Elder Hayden and I were finally able to get them married and three months later they were baptized. For me that was a special day because their baptisms were the fruit of many hours spent teaching by many sets of missionaries. No one missionary can take credit for these two souls being added to The Book of Life, but rather, it has been a combination of our efforts and the efforts of other missionaries to show William and Gloria the truth. This is the true church.

Another favorite story from this past week was finding this woman named Areceli. I had taught Areceli when I was first in this area but because of the place she was living it was not conducive of teaching her, her phone was deactivated, and we lost contact with her. (It happens frequently in Spanish work) Long story short, we found her and she lives with another family that we are teaching. It again, reaffirms the fact that Heavenly Father is preparing His children, the elect, to hear His message.

Church was pretty good this week. We got about eight investigators to church and the chapel was packed. I think if it is the same way next week the overflow will have to be open and we will need more seats. Long story short, Elder Clarke of the first quorum of the Seventy was presiding at our sacrament meeting. Even cooler was the fact he spoke excellent Spanish. He taught gospel principals and gave a great lesson on the importance of a "Real Conversion". He taught that baptism and receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost does not always entail that we have become converted to the gospel of Jesus. More so, we are converted through our daily scripture study and weekly church attendance. It was a really great day at church and having him harass me about our investigators not knowing very much, although at first was very irritating, taught me to get past my pride and listen to his wise words of council. I have so much to learn and many things I can do better to be a more effective servant of the Lord Jesus Christ. Being apart of 20 baptisms in this area in 6 months is only the beginning. If this wasn't the true church I don't know what could be. "88 And whoso areceiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go bbefore your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my cSpirit shall be in your hearts, and mine dangels round about you, to bear you up." (D&C 88:84) He is here.

It is awe inspiring to think about the privilege and trust Heavenly Father lays in the hands of us, just 19 year old boys, to go out and do His work. I personally don't know, nor will I ever fully know the roll I've played in some of these peoples lives while in this life. I've taught hundreds of people about my Savior and why He is important to me. Many have been baptized and already have begun fulfilling their roll in building up the Lord's kingdom in these latter days. Many others have yet to accept this message yet one thing I relish in is the fact that some day I will know. Some day we will know how many people we actually helped, but until that day I will continue to serve my Lord. Today, tomorrow, and forever.
"But their aminds were bblinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the creading of the old testament; which dvail is done away in Christ.
But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their aheart.
 Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away."

Someday we will know. Vaya con Dios.

God is love,

Elder Bennion

What a blessing he is! I am so grateful for his willingness to serve... and how he really loves the people. Thank you for all those of you who write to him. I know he really appreciates the support and encouragement he receives from friends and family. Love Dayna

No comments:

Post a Comment